Applications are now open. Click here to apply.
Applications for Scholarships are invited from people with lived experience of addiction and family members (including those in designated consumer, family and peer roles), who wish to attend the Cutting Edge Conference. We will award 10 registration 2019 Scholarships. If you are successful, you will receive a complimentary registration and a complimentary ticket for the Oscarz Awards conference dinner.
To qualify for a dapaanz scholarship applicants need to meet as many as possible of the following criteria
· You are employed in either a designated addiction consumer or family role (including advisory, peer support and advocacy), OR
· You identify as a person with a lived experience of addiction (including family members), whose primary role within the addiction treatment sector is voluntary
· You live and work in New Zealand
· You are currently accessing addiction treatment services
· You agree to provide dapaanz a brief summary of how your attendance at Cutting Edge was beneficial to you and your networks within 28 days after the conference.
For your application please include
· a brief statement outlining why you would like to attend Cutting Edge and how it will benefit you and your networks
You will need to demonstrate how you meet the qualifying criteria
· Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Consumer Scholarship prior to this application, and specifically have not received one for the previous two years (Rotorua 2018, Wellington 2017), AND/OR if you have submitted an abstract for a presentation/poster for Cutting Edge 2019
· There will only be one scholarship recipient per organisation or group
· Once your application has been received no correspondence will be entered into.
The application form below must be used. Successful scholarship applicants will be notified from Monday 10 June. The scholarship selection panel will include representation from the Cutting Edge Organising Committee, the Matua Raki Consumer Leadership Group and dapaanz.