te rau ora consumer scholarships
19-21 September, Cordis Hotel, Auckland
Applications open until 26 July
Te Rau Ora Registration Scholarship Criteria
Applications for Te Rau Ora (TRO) Scholarships are invited from people with lived experience of addiction and family members (including those in designated consumer, family and peer roles), who wish to attend the Cutting Edge Conference. We will award 5 registration Scholarships in 2019. If you are successful, you will receive a complimentary registration and a complimentary ticket for the Oscarz Awards conference dinner.
To qualify for a Te Rau Ora scholarship applicants need to meet as many as possible of the following criteria
- You are employed in either a designated addiction consumer or family role (including advisory, peer support and advocacy), OR
- You identify as a person with a lived experience of addiction (including family members), whose primary role within the addiction treatment sector is voluntary
- You live and work in New Zealand
- You are Māori
- You are currently accessing addiction treatment services
- You agree to provide dapaanz / TRO a brief summary of how your attendance at Cutting Edge was beneficial to you and your networks within 28 days after the conference.
For your application please include
- a brief statement outlining why you would like to attend Cutting Edge and how it will benefit you and your networks
You will need to demonstrate how you meet the qualifying criteria
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Consumer Scholarship prior to this application, and specifically have not received one for the previous two years (Rotorua 2018, Wellington 2017), AND/OR if you have submitted an abstract for a presentation/poster for Cutting Edge 2019
- There will only be one scholarship recipient per organisation or group
- Once your application has been received no correspondence will be entered into
The application form below must be used. Successful scholarship applicants will be notified by Wednesday 3rd August. The scholarship selection panel will include representation from Te Rau Ora, dapaanz, the Matua Raki Consumer Leadership Group and dapaanz.
Applications close: 26 July (no applications will be accepted after the closing date).